This informative, educational and fun course is based on Valentia Island, on the Skellig Ring (a Lonely Planet top 10 must visit location), in County Kerry, Ireland. The tuition takes place in and around the Island, so that you get to see and photograph this beautiful location in it's full glory. We also have access to the famous and historic Valentia Island lighthouse, where some of the tuition will take place.
Your accommodation is at the Award-Winning and historic Atlantic Villa B&B, former home of the Transatlantic Cablemaster. This beautiful house is right in the heart of Knightstown, Valentia Island, yet secluded within its own private organic gardens. Run by Jackie and Brian Morgan, the house itself is a spacious period residence built in 1873, overlooking the sea. Brian & Jackie have put their hearts into renovating this fabulous house and it shows!!
for more information on Atlantic Villa B&B
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Taking Control of Your Camera
• Key Camera Controls
• Handling the camera / Basic Technique Troubleshooting
• Choosing & Using the Key Camera Controls
Basic Photographic Theory & Techniques
• Using Program (‘P’) Mode
• Using Aperture Priority (Av) Mode for landscape photography
• Using Shutter Priority Mode (Tv)
• Setting the white balance correctly for outdoor photography
• Using ISO setting for best quality
Basic rules of Photographic Composition for landscape images
• Rule of Thirds
• Leading Lines
• Natural Frames
Participants will need
• A digital camera capable of setting adjustments. A DSLR is ideal but a good-quality ‘bridge’, ‘compact’ or ‘MILC’ camera will be suitable. Please contact the course tutor if you are unsure if your camera is suitable for the course.
• Spare camera battery and/or battery charger
• Camera manual
• Tripod (very useful but not essential).
• Walking boots/shoes, warm/waterproof clothing
COURSE & ACCOMMODATION FEE
€475.00 per person
Fee includes tuition, Accommodation, breakfast on all mornings, Dinner on two evenings & packed lunch where stated.
2nd person sharing room but not attending course: NO CHARGE for B&B. Packed lunch and dinners if required (where provided for course members) charged at additional cost.
Course will run with minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 participants. This course is a joint venture between Stephen Power Photography and Atlantic Villa. Accommodation for the course duration cannot be booked at other establishments.
50% booking fee required on booking and final 50% within 1 week of course commencement date. All payments will be refunded if the course is cancelled by the organizers. 50% Deposit non refundable in case of cancellation by participant.
Contact Stephen Power for more information or to book: CLICK HERE to email
To check course dates CLICK HERE (course dates update regularly)